Pinterest

Monday, May 14, 2012

My Projects: Chevy Silverado

I have been looking for a "real truck" as my father-in-law calls it for a while. The 30+ year old four cylinder toyota rust trucket was too ugly and too underpowered, I could handle one or the other but not both at the same time. In late March I found this 2000 Chevy Silverado 4x4 on a repo auction and won with my first low-ball bid, a third of the kelly blue book value. When we picked it up there were some nice dents in the bumper and driver side, a burned up trans, some giant lame stickers, bald tires  and a cough syrup covered back seat. I took the "if its cheap get it at all costs" saying to the next level with this one.


First thing we(my dad, father-in-law and I) did was tackle the transmission. The good old 4L60E has rebuild kits and shift kits galore so we went for it. Between the three of us and the internet we were able to get the job done right and get the truck going for me since I sold my Toyota the day before I picked this truck up.

No comments: