Pinterest

Thursday, March 1, 2012

Art: Transformers Tank

I love metal sculpture and would spend a lot of money and time on it if I was a little more brave. But for now I am happy working on motorcycles and finding awesome pieces like this on the interweb.
A Chinese designer/sculptor (couldnt ever find his name) found the inspiration and time to create his version of the megatron tank found in transformers 2. For the write up on it go to gadgetsin, and micgadget. I like this for the raw steel, all the angles and the "found art" qualities like using car clutches as the ends of the boosters on the back. I would say this is what Ingenuitous is all about. I would be in love if it drove around but it will take enough ingenuity just to get it out of the shop and into a gallery.




The first photo is the tank out of the movie. The rest are the creative interpretation. 

1 comment:

Carla said...

That is THE most Awesome Tank I have ever seen!!!!